Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Tue May 26, 2020 5:01 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

To contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 2.2.3 is now available in the App Store

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:06 am 
Novice
Novice

So then I’m back at square one, right? The behavior I’m seeing with my Gnarbox and LumaFusion integration is NOT working as it should.

Skylark Creative
weareskylark.com

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:30 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I've just tried a 3gig file with my Gnarbox and v2.2.1 iOS 13.3.1 on my iPhone XR and picked about 30 seconds from the middle of the file and it worked as Chris described (I know that doesn't help you) - my original files are .mp4

The difference in file size is due to the compression method used

Does this help describe the difference in file size?

https://www.appgeeker.com/how-to/mp4-vs-mov.html

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:05 pm 
Novice
Novice

For those following along, you might find this interesting…

I MAY HAVE SOLVED THE PROBLEM!!!!!

So, after Gnarbox support graciously offered to exchange my unit for a new one, I said “well, let me give it one more shot first.”

I connected the Gnarbox to my iPad, opened up the Safekeep app, and was looking around a bit. Then I got a pop-up (or some kind of notification) that there were software updates available. I went through the process to install all the updates, then restarted everything.

Next, I connected the Gnarbox to the iPad, and copied a clip from the Gnarbox to the iOS Photos app using Safekeep. (My understanding is that this is a straight copy of the file, with no compression or other voodoo taking place.)

I then opened LumaFusion, started a new project, and dragged the same file from the Gnarbox browser onto the timeline. It copied over like it should. Then, I went into the LibraryMedia folder in the Files app, and found something interesting. Previously, when things weren’t working correctly, the dimensions in the info tab would say “16 x 9”. Now, it correctly says “3840 x 2160”. Not only that, but the file size matches the file size shown in BOTH the Safekeep app, AND the iOS Photos app.

So I think updating the software/firmware may have solved the issue.

Or I could be high.

Or both. Not sure.

Skylark Creative
weareskylark.com

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:18 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Strange!

Sounds liked it has fixed the problem though

Fingers crossed

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:14 pm 

I’m having the same issue kinda...

So I have gnarbox 2.0 connected to ipad with LumaFusion open. Connecting via wifi or cable does not matter.
I access .mov files made with my fujifilm XH1.

I can import any of the files and scrub through them (after creating previews) however, when I select an ‘in’ and ‘out’ point from the clip and drag it down to the time line, the importing indicator dial to the right starts up momentarily but then stops. The selected part of the clip will sit on the timeline, but has diagonal lines running through it and will not play? Strange thing is, if I drag the said file onto the timeline without the ‘in’ and ‘out’ points (so the whole clip) then it will work?

Thanks for any info.

Attachments:
9522246A-1AAB-4C19-874F-460AE2EA9064.jpeg
9522246A-1AAB-4C19-874F-460AE2EA9064.jpeg [ 560.96 KiB | Viewed 1276 times ]
4B10A155-E5EC-4DA8-B909-1B898E9B05DA.jpeg
4B10A155-E5EC-4DA8-B909-1B898E9B05DA.jpeg [ 417.68 KiB | Viewed 1276 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:50 pm 
Novice
Novice

Have you checked to make sure your Gnarbox is running the latest firmware/software updates?

Skylark Creative
weareskylark.com

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:11 pm 

Quote:
Have you checked to make sure your Gnarbox is running the latest firmware/software updates?
I did this just a couple of days ago when it arrived... I’ll have another look to see if there is a update of some sort! Will report back.

Also I’m doing some test.. I’m converting footage that I know does not work to .avi .mov .mpg etc and that’s not working too.
It’s so strange the whole clip will work, but not a selected part from the preview/scub window?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:35 pm 

UPDATE

I did check but no updates were needed. I also relayed this conversation to Will at Gnarbox via email, His reply was as follows.

"Sounds like an issue indeed. I have heard of this happening and I know it has been reported as a bug to our team, though it is not being worked on at this time. I don't know what causes the issue (specific cameras, video types, etc.) so I would try a few different video settings, but if you can't get it to work then yes I'm sorry to say it probably won't work as I don't expect a fix soon.
Sorry for the bad news.
Will"

So I think I will send back to Amazon... for the money, its just not worth the hassle!
This was the reason I bought Gnarbox for this feature and it does not work.