Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Tue May 26, 2020 3:57 pm

All times are UTC-07:00


To contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 2.2.3 is now available in the App Store


Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:46 pm 
Offline
Novice
Novice

Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:52 pm
Posts: 11
Quote:
I know this is a pretty obvious statement ..

.. nothing else running/open in the background?

no iOS beta's?
No only the files app of ios and LumaFusion is running in the background. Im on ios 13.3.1 so no beta’s.

I took some footage of my living room and transfered it to my iPad, imported in to LumaFusion. Started a new project on 29,97 fps. Added transitions, at first got the same issue after that ran a ‘Optimise and Consolidate’ and the problem was slightly gone again as the first (cross disolve) and second (dip) transitions ran ok but third transition (wipe left) i had a stutter for a millisecond.

So still not 100% ok but im going to test with more ‘new’ footage that i will record with my drone.

Maybe i can upload some short footage of mine on the internet so that the devs can use/test?


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:56 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 2751
Location: A small island off the coast of Europe
Further update from the developers;

Without having that footage too look at, I would say yes, should be good enough. (Your iPad) But remember the footage itself might have an issue, like the Osmo Pocket, there was an issue with the camera manufacturer's implementation of h.264 that caused it to not behave very well. And in that video you sent above, that is how the osmo pocket behaved when going through a dissolve. The best thing to do would be to get me some footage to look at.



So, if it’s not resolved after your further tests can you you upload a short clip somewhere so the developers can look at the footage. I will also try to reproduce it here

_________________
.. Good things come to those who wait


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:19 am 
Offline
Novice
Novice

Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:52 pm
Posts: 11
Quote:
Further update from the developers;

Without having that footage too look at, I would say yes, should be good enough. (Your iPad) But remember the footage itself might have an issue, like the Osmo Pocket, there was an issue with the camera manufacturer's implementation of h.264 that caused it to not behave very well. And in that video you sent above, that is how the osmo pocket behaved when going through a dissolve. The best thing to do would be to get me some footage to look at.



So, if it’s not resolved after your further tests can you you upload a short clip somewhere so the developers can look at the footage. I will also try to reproduce it here
On new footage im getting same results, i uploaded 3 RAW footage of my Mavic 2 Pro that was shot on D-Log, H.265 10bit, Here you go, hope you guys find some thing :S

https://ufile.io/f/u5w8x


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:45 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 2751
Location: A small island off the coast of Europe
I can ‘kind of’ reproduce it with your footage

I have informed the developers and included the link to your footage

_________________
.. Good things come to those who wait


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:22 pm 
Offline
Novice
Novice

Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:52 pm
Posts: 11
Quote:
I can ‘kind of’ reproduce it with your footage

I have informed the developers and included the link to your footage
Ok thanks Dave, i hope it will be fixable eventually by the dev’s..


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:45 am 
Offline
Novice
Novice

Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:52 pm
Posts: 11
Hi Dave, any news or progress of the devs with the footage i had provided?

Just curious :)


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:08 am 
Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 2751
Location: A small island off the coast of Europe
Here goes:

'.... Downloaded all 3 clips and tested on iPadPro 3rd gen. I'm not seeing any issues with this footage, plays very smoothly through the transitions even with preview set to Best. I'll see what happens on the iPadPro 1st Gen'

and

'.... the clips don't perform on the iPadPro 1st gen. I tried some variations by re-encoding the source clips to other things, 4K HEVC 8bit, 4K h264 8bit, and 1080p HEVC 8bit. Interestingly they all showed a little bit of stutter at the beginning of the transitions

That's all so far

_________________
.. Good things come to those who wait


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:44 am 
Offline
Novice
Novice

Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:52 pm
Posts: 11
Quote:
Here goes:

'.... Downloaded all 3 clips and tested on iPadPro 3rd gen. I'm not seeing any issues with this footage, plays very smoothly through the transitions even with preview set to Best. I'll see what happens on the iPadPro 1st Gen'

and

'.... the clips don't perform on the iPadPro 1st gen. I tried some variations by re-encoding the source clips to other things, 4K HEVC 8bit, 4K h264 8bit, and 1080p HEVC 8bit. Interestingly they all showed a little bit of stutter at the beginning of the transitions

That's all so far
Thanks for your answer Dave, hmm interesting results. As i also have an iPad Mini (2019) 5gen which if im not mistaken have the same cpu as the iPad Pro 3rd Gen? And im pretty sure i had the same results with the iPad Mini.

Well im going to pull out the Mini and try it 1 more time with the new footage.

Again thanks Dave for your effort helping me out ;)


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:47 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:15 pm
Posts: 1
I’m having this EXACT same issue! Can’t figure it out for the life of me.


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:37 am 
Offline
Novice
Novice

Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:52 pm
Posts: 11
Quote:
I’m having this EXACT same issue! Can’t figure it out for the life of me.
It still happens on my iPad Pro 10.5, the setting/option ‘Optimise and Consolidate’ helps a little but there is still some stutter/freeze at some transitions. It only happens during editing, the final result has no issues.


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2

All times are UTC-07:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited