Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Tue May 26, 2020 3:57 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

To contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 2.2.3 is now available in the App Store

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:46 pm 
Novice
Novice

Quote:
I know this is a pretty obvious statement ..

.. nothing else running/open in the background?

no iOS beta's?
No only the files app of ios and LumaFusion is running in the background. Im on ios 13.3.1 so no beta’s.

I took some footage of my living room and transfered it to my iPad, imported in to LumaFusion. Started a new project on 29,97 fps. Added transitions, at first got the same issue after that ran a ‘Optimise and Consolidate’ and the problem was slightly gone again as the first (cross disolve) and second (dip) transitions ran ok but third transition (wipe left) i had a stutter for a millisecond.

So still not 100% ok but im going to test with more ‘new’ footage that i will record with my drone.

Maybe i can upload some short footage of mine on the internet so that the devs can use/test?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:56 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Further update from the developers;

Without having that footage too look at, I would say yes, should be good enough. (Your iPad) But remember the footage itself might have an issue, like the Osmo Pocket, there was an issue with the camera manufacturer's implementation of h.264 that caused it to not behave very well. And in that video you sent above, that is how the osmo pocket behaved when going through a dissolve. The best thing to do would be to get me some footage to look at.

So, if it’s not resolved after your further tests can you you upload a short clip somewhere so the developers can look at the footage. I will also try to reproduce it here

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:19 am 
Novice
Novice

Quote:
Further update from the developers;

Without having that footage too look at, I would say yes, should be good enough. (Your iPad) But remember the footage itself might have an issue, like the Osmo Pocket, there was an issue with the camera manufacturer's implementation of h.264 that caused it to not behave very well. And in that video you sent above, that is how the osmo pocket behaved when going through a dissolve. The best thing to do would be to get me some footage to look at.

So, if it’s not resolved after your further tests can you you upload a short clip somewhere so the developers can look at the footage. I will also try to reproduce it here
On new footage im getting same results, i uploaded 3 RAW footage of my Mavic 2 Pro that was shot on D-Log, H.265 10bit, Here you go, hope you guys find some thing :S

https://ufile.io/f/u5w8x

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:45 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I can ‘kind of’ reproduce it with your footage

I have informed the developers and included the link to your footage

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:22 pm 
Novice
Novice

Quote:
I can ‘kind of’ reproduce it with your footage

I have informed the developers and included the link to your footage
Ok thanks Dave, i hope it will be fixable eventually by the dev’s..

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:45 am 
Novice
Novice

Hi Dave, any news or progress of the devs with the footage i had provided?

Just curious :)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:08 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Here goes:

'.... Downloaded all 3 clips and tested on iPadPro 3rd gen. I'm not seeing any issues with this footage, plays very smoothly through the transitions even with preview set to Best. I'll see what happens on the iPadPro 1st Gen'

and

'.... the clips don't perform on the iPadPro 1st gen. I tried some variations by re-encoding the source clips to other things, 4K HEVC 8bit, 4K h264 8bit, and 1080p HEVC 8bit. Interestingly they all showed a little bit of stutter at the beginning of the transitions

That's all so far

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:44 am 
Novice
Novice

Quote:
Here goes:

'.... Downloaded all 3 clips and tested on iPadPro 3rd gen. I'm not seeing any issues with this footage, plays very smoothly through the transitions even with preview set to Best. I'll see what happens on the iPadPro 1st Gen'

and

'.... the clips don't perform on the iPadPro 1st gen. I tried some variations by re-encoding the source clips to other things, 4K HEVC 8bit, 4K h264 8bit, and 1080p HEVC 8bit. Interestingly they all showed a little bit of stutter at the beginning of the transitions

That's all so far
Thanks for your answer Dave, hmm interesting results. As i also have an iPad Mini (2019) 5gen which if im not mistaken have the same cpu as the iPad Pro 3rd Gen? And im pretty sure i had the same results with the iPad Mini.

Well im going to pull out the Mini and try it 1 more time with the new footage.

Again thanks Dave for your effort helping me out ;)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:47 pm 

I’m having this EXACT same issue! Can’t figure it out for the life of me.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:37 am 
Novice
Novice

Quote:
I’m having this EXACT same issue! Can’t figure it out for the life of me.
It still happens on my iPad Pro 10.5, the setting/option ‘Optimise and Consolidate’ helps a little but there is still some stutter/freeze at some transitions. It only happens during editing, the final result has no issues.