I did a test today, exporting a sequence of about twenty clips from LumaFusion, with the XML export feature. I exported the XML package with “trimmed media,” which totaled about 4.5GB of footage. The XML opened without any issues in Resolve, and the media linked easily.
Can you tell me what version of Resolve you’re using? What computer system are you working on? I ask because the only things I could see being issues would be Resolve simply not reading the XML correctly, or some kind of translation error between iPad OS (or a Mac-centric world) and Windows/PC.
thanks for your help I was unable to get as far as generating an XML without media. I am using picture and separate sound going through Brusfri and music. All cuts with some blank clip in between. I wonder if it is the separate audio that is causing a problem as I did manage to export a 3 shot sequence with blank and music but without separate audio.
There is a video of what happens here https://vimeo.com/malthousefilms/xml-test
If i get it into Resolve then it is 16 on an imacpro running Catalina.
I really want to get this cracked as it would speed up my workflow no end.