Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Tue May 26, 2020 4:19 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

To contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 2.2.3 is now available in the App Store

Post subject: XML issues.
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:25 pm 
Novice
Novice

I downloaded the XML export app, which I think is great value, but have not been able to make it work. In the past I have burnt timecode into the rushes and then typed in the numbers into Resolve to finish the project, luckily I make short films but XML export was going to save me a lot of time

However, I have a sequence of 17 shots with 2 seconds of blank clip between each one and I am exporting with no media. After a long time of preparing eventually Lumafusion just crashes out as it is preparing the export. I have restarted and rebooted bit to no avail. What am I doing wrong?

I have managed to export a 2 shot sequence of the same material as trimmed and no media so that isn't the issue but I dont know what is.

Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments:
8D36ABD1-14D4-44A2-BAAB-786F7B7C6615.png
8D36ABD1-14D4-44A2-BAAB-786F7B7C6615.png [ 1.04 MiB | Viewed 2564 times ]

Post subject: Re: XML issues.
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 4:06 pm 
Novice
Novice

Can you try exporting it without the blank clip material?

Skylark Creative
weareskylark.com

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:00 pm 
Novice
Novice

Thanks for the reply. The blank clip worked when I exported the two shots and a blank clip sequence so I don't think that is the issue.

I know going to Resolve isn't supported but the FCP XML should work in any system which uses XMLs. Maybe it needs cleaning up before import.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:29 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

"I know going to Resolve isn't supported but the FCP XML should work in any system which uses XMLs"

Should it?

I will ask the developers

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:21 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

And here's the answer:

Luma Touch isn’t officially supporting exports to other editors with XML but we have heard and seen some users experience success with it
It’s not officially supported but there might be workarounds you can find online

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:05 am 
Novice
Novice

Thanks Dave, I know it is not supported but my original qestion was why I couldn't make and XML of a 17 shot sequence. I have tried a different one and it still doesn't work. Is there al imit to the size of XML with or without media?

Now it is doing something else weird , it says the no media is the same size as the all media!!

https://vimeo.com/malthousefilms/xml-test

[vimeo]396145988[/vimeo]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:24 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hi Andy

I suggest you contact the developers directly with this one and include a link to this thread

Let us know how you get on

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:52 pm 
Novice
Novice

Andy,

I did a test today, exporting a sequence of about twenty clips from LumaFusion, with the XML export feature. I exported the XML package with “trimmed media,” which totaled about 4.5GB of footage. The XML opened without any issues in Resolve, and the media linked easily.

Can you tell me what version of Resolve you’re using? What computer system are you working on? I ask because the only things I could see being issues would be Resolve simply not reading the XML correctly, or some kind of translation error between iPad OS (or a Mac-centric world) and Windows/PC.

Skylark Creative
weareskylark.com

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:32 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thanks for your help skylarkmick

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:53 am 
Novice
Novice

Quote:
Andy,

I did a test today, exporting a sequence of about twenty clips from LumaFusion, with the XML export feature. I exported the XML package with “trimmed media,” which totaled about 4.5GB of footage. The XML opened without any issues in Resolve, and the media linked easily.

Can you tell me what version of Resolve you’re using? What computer system are you working on? I ask because the only things I could see being issues would be Resolve simply not reading the XML correctly, or some kind of translation error between iPad OS (or a Mac-centric world) and Windows/PC.
Hi,

thanks for your help I was unable to get as far as generating an XML without media. I am using picture and separate sound going through Brusfri and music. All cuts with some blank clip in between. I wonder if it is the separate audio that is causing a problem as I did manage to export a 3 shot sequence with blank and music but without separate audio.

There is a video of what happens here https://vimeo.com/malthousefilms/xml-test

If i get it into Resolve then it is 16 on an imacpro running Catalina.

I really want to get this cracked as it would speed up my workflow no end.

Cheers