Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:23 am

All times are UTC-07:00

To contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 2.2.3 is now available in the App Store

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:11 am 
Novice
Novice

This isn't directly LumaFusion related, but it occurs in my workflow for using LumaFusion and I thought there might be someone on here that can shed some light on the issue. It has to do with mounting an external drive to my iPad.

I have a 2nd generation 10.5" iPad Pro (lightning connector). The OS is the latest (13.4).

I use Apple's powered lightning adapter to connect a 128 GB Sandisk thumb drive to the iPad. The thumb drive requires the powered version of Apple's lightning-to-USB adapter to connect to the iPad.

Here's what happens: When I first connect the thumb drive to the iPad via the lightning adapter, nothing happens. It doesn't show up in the Files app as a mounted drive. If I unplug the thumb drive for just a moment, and then re-insert it into the adapter, it mounts. Every time. It's always.... first connection, nothing happens, no matter how long I wait. Unplug it and re-insert it, it mounts within 2-3 seconds every time.

It doesn't seem to matter which order I make the connections to the iPad.....Adapter first, then thumb drive, or connect power to the adapter and thumb drive first, then connect to iPad. No difference. First attempt...nothing. Second attempt, connects with no issue.

So, this isn't really a problem, per se, it's more of an annoyance. Does anyone know what's going on and if there's a way to fix it?