Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found in the App Store release notes or contact support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:38 am

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 1.6.7 is now available on the App Store, which includes a number of improvements and bug fixes.

Forum rules

Videos should be appropriate for all audiences. Please keep all criticism constructive.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:45 am 

This is a short teaser for the feature film The wind Walker. Shot with the Sony A7III and edited entirely in LumaFusion.

https://vimeo.com/277314887

Jerry

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:21 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi Jerry

Good teaser :D

Looks good so far

(I hope LumaFusion makes it into the credits :D :D )

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:26 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Lovely work Jerry!

Very impressive. I'm getting an Indiana Jones influence. Please forgive the comparison.
I shared this with the rest of the team. Please let us know when you release the full feature.

Best,

Keith Woodard II

LumaTouch

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:29 am 

Wow! :shock:

That was nice. Filmed on iOS device or some top notch cam?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:04 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Says Shot with the Sony A7III in the post

Google says: Sony a7 III ILCE-7M3 24.2 MP Digital Camera

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:27 am 

Hi All,

Just to flesh out some details.... This is a film that a few partners and I have been working on for the last few years. Shot primaraly with Red cameras but also The Sony A7RII and A7III.
The clip that I posted was a last minute addition for the opening of the movie. Having just begun using LumaFusion on other short iPhone projects, I took the opportunity to test LF with footage from my Sony.
Once I had the edit complete, I applied a LUT to the S-Log footage. I'm pretty pleased with LF's performance! Had I more time, I would've converted the Red footage from this shoot to MP4's and incorporated that.
Next time! You can get more info on the movie at https://www.facebook.com/The-Wind-Walke ... ?ref=br_rs

Jerry

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:40 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Awesome Jerry,

Thanks for the update! Great work once again.

Best,

Keith Woodard II

LumaTouch

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:15 am 
Novice
Novice

I love your ambition level. It was fun to watch. I also feel a responsibility to give (and appreciate receiving) thoughtful and constructive critique, which I feel there’s never enough of in this field.

The editing is tight, technically. The storytelling has been put on the back burner a bit, maybe?

The story seems to be that he’s been in the field gathering clues, and this is the moment where he puts them together and deduces “the place”. The unpacking the bag takes a while, and he doesn’t use anything he’s unpacked on camera except the map and the stone disk. One might have less unpacking, but then take a moment to show tight shot a finger sweeping across notes on a page of the book; an ultra tight shot of the cassette player’s wheel turning, a finger tracking along the map with the stone disk and then his finger freezes, as it to signify — yes, this is the place! And then he storms out again.

If all he needed to do was place the stone on the map, and he was in such a hurry — why did he need to “return to base”. He could have done that on the tailgate of his Land Rover. ;-)

Anyway, I hope you don’t take it the wrong way — I realize you’ve already shot the footage, and that is what you have to work from. But you’ve got your project ahead of you. The longer finished film will be a collection of the moments you select. Don’t put everything you’ve shot in there, just because you have the footage or because it was in the storyboard. Make sure the shots serve your story. That applies whether it’s a 30-second teaser (maybe especially in a 30-second teaser), or when building the scenes of the longer film.

Best of luck!

//A

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:28 pm 

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for the detailed critique! I do appreciate it. You should know that this footage was only from 1 camera used, the other being a Red.
This little exercise was strictly to test LumaFusion which I had just started using. The iPad Pro, of course would not handle the raw Red files. The finished scene
is much more detailed having the benefit of both A and B cameras.

Jerry