Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found in the App Store release notes or contact support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:38 am

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 1.6.7 is now available on the App Store, which includes a number of improvements and bug fixes.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:29 am 
Novice
Novice

I have been using LumaFusion now for a couple of weeks, and are overall happy with it. I have made some cool 15-20 minutes movies, and its great for that use.

Now I have a project going where I got a movie project made in LumaFusion that is one hour and 59 minutes long.
Its made up by several clips, overlay titles, songs, transitions, one blank clip and one main title.

But making a movie out of this, seems impossible.
When I click export, i set the settings where I want them, and click export, and it takes its time..
When its done, it says its done, and the movie is saved in photos. But there is no video there, and the storage on my phone has not been reduces either, so there isn't made any movie....

I have tried consolidating (or what the correct term was..) in LF as well, but that did not do anything..just wasted my time ....

I have also tried saving directly to a network drive, but it comes back with the same result.

Saving 20-30-40 min clips, with hightest possible quality, 60 fps, is no problem, but 2 hour, normal quality and 30 fps seems right now impossible..

Im using an iPhone 8+, 256gb memory, and has a lot of free storage to play with..

LumaFusion + Filmic Pro + DJI Osmo Mobile 2 + iPhone 8 plus

www.youtube.com/Minuttforminutt

(Any typing errors or words out of place in my posts is because I use the iPhone to write posts, and have big fingers and autocorrect :-p )

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:07 am 
Novice
Novice

Just tried to restart my phone, and went into the LumaFusion again, and crossed my fingers and said a prayer.. but no.. just wasted a mother 30 minutes staring at the progress bar.. and just having the LF telling me it had saved the movie to photos.. well..no..didnt..
F*ck...! (sorry..frustrating..)

(Any typing errors or words out of place in my posts is because I use the iPhone to write posts, and have big fingers and autocorrect :-p )

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:05 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi NorwegianTiger

I can understand your frustration

I'm not typing this to be awkward ...

What version of IOS are you using?
What version of the app are you using?
(please don't just say 'the latest one' - that doesn't help)
How much free space do you have? (I know you should have loads with a 256gb phone)
What 'export info' does the app say under Advanced Settings
Duration?
Space for Export?
File size?

When you export, can you try exporting to the 'Rendered Movies Folder' down at the bottom of the list - I know you shouldn't have to do that, but does it work?

Can you duplicate the project and try that

For all of those add 'please' where needed ;)

I'm guessing you've already tried most things, but let's see if we can narrow the problem down

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:30 am 
Novice
Novice

Quote:
Hi NorwegianTiger

I can understand your frustration

I'm not typing this to be awkward ...

What version of IOS are you using?
What version of the app are you using?
(please don't just say 'the latest one' - that doesn't help)
How much free space do you have? (I know you should have loads with a 256gb phone)
What 'export info' does the app say under Advanced Settings
Duration?
Space for Export?
File size?

When you export, can you try exporting to the 'Rendered Movies Folder' down at the bottom of the list - I know you shouldn't have to do that, but does it work?

Can you duplicate the project and try that

For all of those add 'please' where needed ;)

I'm guessing you've already tried most things, but let's see if we can narrow the problem down
Thanks for reaching out :)

iOS: 11.4.1
LF: 1.6.5
Free space: Not that much ;-) 90GB
Advanced settings: Video codec: H264, Includes: Audio and video, Audio quality 48khz, File Format mpeg4 (mp4), 360VR normal.
Duration: 1:59:28
Space for export: 22.68GB (In rendered movies folder)

Going to try to render to the folder suggested now, so I will get back to you shortly with what happens :)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:19 am 
Novice
Novice

Just tried to render to "rendered movies folder", and now the rendering freezes.. it froze on 1:28:05:04. At that point in the clip, nothing actually happens, its not a transition, the audio is original, and there is no cutting...

Will try it one more time, to see what happens.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:26 am 
Novice
Novice

Quote:
Just tried one more time, and this time it came almost to 100%. I dont know where it stopped, but the app was closed, like ut had shut down for some reason, and there was no video to be found.
Last time i checked the progress it was more than 75% done..

Tried one more time.... :roll:
It goes to 100% on the render, says it is uploading the movie, and that "wheel", "flower" or what you want to call it is spinning..and then the app just shuts down, and ... i have nothing :(

And the last time i tried this, I actually removed all extra audio from the movie, removed a few transitions, and a clip..but didn't help..

DAMMIT! I loved this app and its great for smaller movies, but in my profession I need to work with movies up to 2 hours :(

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:13 am 
Novice
Novice

Getting closer to what MIGHT be the problem. Not sure yet, but I've tried to cut my movie to 1h30m, and same result as before.
I tried to cut it to under one hour, even tho the movie is two hour long, and can't be used with just one hour, but 55 minutes works.

If the movie is 55 minutes (or less i think), it gets saved into photos, and is viewable..... but that doesn't actually solve my problems... I need it to be two hours :(

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:28 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Mmmmm

I know you should have plenty of space (let's not go into that too much :) ) but ...

Is there anything in the 'Imported' folder that you can delete (double check before deleting obviously)

Also from outside LumaFusion use the IOS Files app to look in the LumaFusion directory and you 'may' be able to delete some stuff from the 'Project-Backups' and 'UserMedia' directories (I take no responsibility for you deleting anything you may need - so again be careful)

While you are editing, LF does most things in real time until you come to export your project. It creates an internal version of your file before saving it out (apologies if you already know this) so you need 'double the space you would think you need plus a bit more for the overhead' plus enough to keep your iThing going.
Attachment:
fullsizeoutput_18b6.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_18b6.jpeg [ 163.34 KiB | Viewed 376 times ]
A 2hr movie is going to be a big big file (no reason why you shouldn't be able to do it though)

I'm in the UK and the Developers are in the USofA so we may not get a Developer on here for a couple of days due to time zones etc

Let me know how you get on

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:22 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I see you on the support mail and I'll see if we can get someone to help us figure out what's going on. Stay tuned. Thanks Dave for helping out.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:17 am 
Novice
Novice

I have been working as a freelance photographer & videographer for years (Actually 20.... I'm getting old(er), daym.. ), and I have used a lot of cameras, and software.
And of course I have also used a lot of customer services around the globe.. but I must give credit where credit where credit is due. The people at LumaTouch really surprises me.

Here I am, after three days trying to solve this on my own, and using A LOT of hours to render a movie that never shows up, and becoming more and more disappointed.. I send an email, and doesn't get answer for an hour, so I come here to this forum and pray for help.

Then knobbydave replies and tries to help me, and then on saturday, in a weekend, I get answer from LumaTouch on email, where they tell my to try this and that, but nothing really helps. Then i get the chance to try out a beta versjon of LumaFusion.

Im thinking "well.. I have wasted so many hours, and late nights all ready, so lets go for a few more.."

Getting some clips together so it makes a movie that is 2 hours and 20 something minutes long, without cutting or doing anything to make it nice. I just needed to test if anything works and if a movie will be there at the end.

After waiting an hour for this to render, i see that "uploaded to photos" message, and thinking "yeah....mmhm...". I close lumafusion, heads over to my photos, open... nothing...... but, a second later.. TADA! A video file... and.. its 2 hours and 20 something minutes..

I click it, and i can scroll time timeline of it back and forth, and its all there!

So, here I am, after days of frustration, happy as I could be - both with an superb customer service, this forum, and of course that it looks like i now can make movies longer than one hour..

So lets see what happens when i go into editing and making it into a movie... will it work? ;-)

But thanks for helping out even tho it is weekend and everything :D

*happy*