Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found in the App Store release notes or contact support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:18 am

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 1.6.7 is now available on the App Store, which includes a number of improvements and bug fixes.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:16 pm 

Hi everyone,
I've been enjoying using Luma since I got my iPad pro last Christmas from my husband. I love so many features especially being able to add multiple videos or photos BUT one thing I'd love to do is sort of cut around the photos like if there's extraneous stuff or even so that it's not a 'glaring" box or square that really stands out. I will try and post a video where I would have loved to do that. I feel like the photos just "stand" out too much. I hope you all understand what I mean. I'm not sure if it's a "green screen" idea.

Thanks again
Maria

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:46 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hello Maria,

What you're asking for is either a Blend Mode and/or the ability make your media into an Alpha Channel.

- For Blend Modes - LumaFusion currently doesn't have a feature like this implemented. This would be one solution for removing black backgrounds. This feature is on our to-do list but we currently don't have a firm date set for when it will be available.

- For Alpha Channels - This is something you would do in a software like After Effects. Which allows for your black backgrounds to be transparent when placing it on top of other media. Neither LumaFusion nor iOS supports video with alpha channel. But for PNG photo files, if you just want to put graphics (ie: png with alpha) that's no problem, LumaFusion handles that nicely. If you're trying to overlay one video on another, if the overlay video can be done with a green background, you could use the Chroma Keyer to provide the alpha.

Here's one work-around:
If you just have Black Bars on the edges of your media, you can crop the edges of your media to remove the Black Bars.

I hope that information helps you.

Best,

Keith Woodard II

LumaTouch

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:23 pm 

Thanks so much for your response. The whole “alpha” thing is a little over my head but I can prpvslvy do the cropping thing with the photos. I look forward to all the future updates. I was a firm Pinnancle for iOS when I discovered this app and I’m so pleased that I did!
Regards
Maria

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:58 pm 

Hi Maria,

Is this what you had in mind? I just erased the edges of the photo using Affinity Photo and then saved it as a .png file.

Attachments:
7727EB2E-0F54-4BBD-9BDB-A2516D317FC8.png
7727EB2E-0F54-4BBD-9BDB-A2516D317FC8.png [ 7.89 MiB | Viewed 116 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:58 pm 

Quote:
Hi Maria,

Is this what you had in mind? I just erased the edges of the photo using Affinity Photo and then saved it as a .png file.
Yes that’s about right. Okay is that an iOS app or computer. Thanks I wonder if Luma will do this someday ?
Thanks again
Maria

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:12 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Quote:
Quote:
Hi Maria,

Yes that’s about right. Okay is that an iOS app or computer. Thanks I wonder if Luma will do this someday ?
Thanks again
Maria
Affinity Photo (and Affinity Designer) are amongst my favorite iOS apps. Even better is Ferrite Recording Studio (for audio recording and editing).

The best part about iOS apps is the FREE, lifetime updates. No ridiculous monthly/yearly subscription payments. Pinch me.

Just get these apps if you have any budget. You will thank me later.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:28 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

MyAmazingDiscoveries - Thanks for providing the workarounds. That's what this community is for! :)

Maria - I wrote up a feature request to be able to Feather and Refine Edges.

Best,

Keith Woodard II

LumaTouch

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:30 pm 

Quote:

MyAmazingDiscoveries - Thanks for providing the workarounds. That's what this community is for! :)

Maria - I wrote up a feature request to be able to Feather and Refine Edges.

Best,

Keith Woodard II

LumaTouch
Awesome!!
Thank you
Maria