Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:28 am

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 1.7 is now available in the App Store. This update includes great new features like search and sort in the library, soft edges and curved corners in cropping, and our new integration with Storyblocks, a great royalty-free library of video, audio and sound effects. A sample of clips are included free, with a low-cost subscription available in-app for access to the full library

Post subject: Color Grading?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:29 pm 
Adept
Adept

Curious if more complex color grading features are on the roadmap for Lumafusion?

I know you can do a good bit as it is, and also use LUTs... but I'm asking more sophisticated color grading control like you get in FCPX, or plugins like Color Finale Pro?

Post subject: Re: Color Grading?
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:42 am 
Adept
Adept

Hello skiphunt,

We do have plans to release some features that offer more options when color correcting and color grading. But I'll be sure to add your comment of FCPX and Color Finale Pro to the feature request as well, for our developers to take a look at.

Best,

Keith Woodard II

LumaTouch

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:46 pm 
Adept
Adept

Quote:

Hello skiphunt,

We do have plans to release some features that offer more options when color correcting and color grading. But I'll be sure to add your comment of FCPX and Color Finale Pro to the feature request as well, for our developers to take a look at.

Best,

Keith Woodard II

LumaTouch
Cool. Thanks!

While they’re at it, have them investigate the developer of Color Finale’s new product “Cinema Grade”. He hasn’t launched yet and it’s only for the desktop, but the approach in the preliminary demos looks innovative and the interface looks potentially very conducive for application on a touch screen.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:51 pm 
Adept
Adept

Awesome skiphunt.

I just ran Cinema Grade by the developers for them to have a look at.

Thanks again,

Keith Woodard II

LumaTouch

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:50 am 
Adept
Adept

On a side note... regarding the referenced Color Finale Pro, and their new product Cinema Grade in the previous post... these are only desktop grading solutions, but the new Cinema Grade product looks like it could be very touch-centric.

I originally paid about $30 for their (Color Grading Central) LUT product that allowed importing of LUTs into FCPX. Then I bought into the Color Finale Pro product for another $75. Truth be told... I don't really use it that much, because the new tools in FCPX are pretty much enough for me. Creatively, sometimes I like to import an interesting LUT in and then tweak it to taste. So, hardcore color grading isn't really that important to me at the moment.

The reason I mention this and the extra background, is that when they launched Cinema Grade a couple weeks ago, I might've paid for it again. Given how little I use it, I couldn't justify spending another $100 on it. If it'd only been another $30 to upgrade, I might've bought it anyway, even though I don't really need it. And, if they had an iOS version of it that somehow worked with Lumafusion, I likely would've paid for that.

The only apps I have on the iPad for grading are VideoGrade... which is decent, if not a bit basic. And the other one is Video LUT, that's actually VERY good and has LUT import/export support. I don't think it's very well known, but that developer Katerina Alieksieienko makes very impressive graphic & video apps. Her main focus is iColorama... but her lesser known apps are impressive.

Here's a link to her excellent video grading app: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/video-l ... mpt=uo%3D4

If the Lumatouch team is weighing different add-ons that aren't necessarily needed as part of the base app, but could likely generate more in-app revenue... I think a good pro-level grading solution that could seamlessly integrate within Lumafusion would be a good option.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:54 pm 
Adept
Adept

Hi,

I'd like to take back partly what I'd suggested about a higher end color grading solution for Lumafusion.

I played with the current grading controls last night for a good while and it's got more flexibility than I was giving it credit. It's actually pretty dang good as is.

However, if you could evolve into a bit more control... along the lines of what you get in FCPX, it'd be perfect.

I'd like to be able to separately adjust Color/Saturation/Exposure for Master, Highlights, Mids, and Shadows.

It would also be great if there was an opacity slider for the grade you just created. Many of the other functions/fx have this slider but not the grading section.

So, let's say you've got the grade where you want it... but you'd like to back the whole thing off just a little bit via slider.

Again, it's pretty close the way it is. But, if you could get to the level of control you get with grading in FCPX... it'd be perfect.